Your Party Awaits in Indy
When the sun goes down and the city flickers to life your night gets started. The dance floor is your stage and the late-night diner your after party. You like to keep the party going as the stars glow in the sky because you're a night owl.
Meet The Man Behind The Party
- Music is a vital ingredient to every good night out. And DJ Ben knows all the best spots.
- From packed concerts to pulsating dance clubs to Burlesque Bingo Bango shows, DJ Ben shares the best places to go out in Indy.
Storied Nightclub In Indy’s Nightlife Mecca
- Located just south of the Broad Ripple strip, The Vogue is one of the most popular music venues in the Midwest.
- An eclectic list of national and local acts have performed here, including Ice Cube, the Dave Matthews Band, and Willie Nelson.
- Regular dance parties make The Vogue one of Indy's top clubs.
- Meet artists, shop art, and immerse yourself in the local art scene at Fountain Square First Fridays, when local galleries and studios stay open late.
- Hit HiFi, an intimate 195-person concert venue serving great local beers and wines, and a long list of touring artists.
- Knock over tiny pins at the Fountain Square Theatre building, and find out why duckpin bowling is a local rage.
Dis Is It
- Slippery Noodle is the oldest continually operating bar in Indiana, dating back to 1850.
- John Dillinger (you can still see bullet holes in the wall where he left his mark) once frequented The Noodle.
- Today, the Noodle is the premier venue for live blues in the city.
Convenient Hotspots For Cool Cocktails
- Take your pick from the sports-centric vibe of High Velocity or the contemporary design and craft cocktails being served at the Severin Bar, Plat 99, or Cannonball Lounge.
- Wine lovers will rejoice while sampling wines from around the world at Tastings.
See Indy From A Barstool
- Come by yourself or (better yet) bring a group for Indy's liveliest city tour.
- Bring your favorite beer or wine and pedal power as the group supplies the collective energy to move the bar through the city.
- Your skilled driver will point out aspects of the city as you pedal.
Mixology As An Art
- Discover the art of a craft cocktail, with true mixologists mixing your drink of choice behind the bar.
- From dark basements to former rockabilly bars and art hotels, the spaces are as good as the libations.
A Hot Downtown District
- Local watering hole The Chatterbox is a favorite for live local jazz every night
- A new spot is Union 50, with live music inside a wide open space that once served as the Bricklayers, Masons, and Tile Setters union hall
- The tacos and a western vibe at Bakersfield are best washed down with a margarita served in a Ball Jar
Tall German Beers And Live Music Under The Stars
- Fill your belly with fare such as Sauerbraten and Schnizel in Indy's oldest continuously running restaurant.
- Soak in live music from large picnic tables or get on your feet and take to the dance floor.
- Enjoy large pours of German beers from the Kellerbar (pace yourself!) and be sure to try the hot pretzels and fiery mustard.
Indy's Best Breweries
- Growing by the minute, Indy is now home to 30+ breweries, ranging from small tasting rooms to large warehouses.
- From the Broad Ripple Brew Pub, the granddaddy of Indy breweries, to local favorite Sun King Brewery, the city has become a hotbed for hopheads.
- Explore and drink the city with the Indy Craft Pass, a mobile passport that lets you check into local watering holes and get rewards.
- Indy’s music scene goes beyond huge concert halls.
- At these nine small venues in Indianapolis, there are no assigned seats; there is only music — be it blues, jazz, rock, punk, metal, or indie folk.
Start The Day Right
- From locally roasted coffee, to red velvet pancakes, to boozy breakfast cocktails, we know brunch is an important part of every quality weekend.
- Follow along as we share our favorite spots – including some knock-your-socks-off cinnamon toast.