Things Every Family Should Do In Indy
Master of the minivan, keeper of schedules, household peacemaker, and chauffer extraordinaire. Between ballet lessons, soccer season, and art classes, you know that vacations are a precious time for the family. You’ve perfected the art of the family escape – and know that balance is key to keeping everyone happy, from the little ones to the preteens (and something special for yourself).
Above all, you value the opportunity to spend time together without breaking the bank. Follow along as we share our recipe for your next ultimate family getaway.
Eight Attractions for One Low Price
- With so many attractions to see, why limit yourself to one? The Indy Attraction Pass offers the opportunity to maximize your experience at a budget-friendly price.
- Choose a 1-day pass (starting at $39) or 3-day pass (starting at $65) to access eight of Indy's most iconic attractions.
A Dining Experience For The Whole Family
- Finding a restaurant that makes everyone happy can be tough – especially when traveling.
- Follow along as we share some of our favorite kid-friendly restaurants for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
The World's Largest - And Best
- In the Dinosphere, step into a world dominated by tyrannosaurs and triceratops. Join a dinosaur dig and see paleontologists working on real bones.
- Test yourself at Sports Legends Experience, featuring 12 outside and three indoor exhibits.
250 Acres Of Greenspace
Zoo, Aquarium, And Botanical Garden
- Choose from presentations daily, as the macaws create an aerial ballet across the Zoo and land in the new Bicentennial Pavilion.
- See amazing orangutans at the Simon Skjodt International Orangutan Center, from mischievous Rocky to the wise Azy.
A Smithsonian-affiliate Making History
- Span 200 years of American history at Conner Prairie, including real stories of Indians and fur traders, pioneer town life and Civil War skirmishes.
- Live through the nightmarish raid of Civil War Confederate soldiers as they attacked Dupont, a southern Indiana town.
Find Your Inner Champion
- Pay tribute to those amazing student athletes who train, sweat, struggle, and triumph in 24 different sports.
- Find your game and take the winning shot on a vintage basketball court, reliving the true story from the movie Hoosiers.
Showcasing History In New Ways
- The Indiana Experience allows visitors to step into historic photos to reenact history.
- Pull up a stool at the cabaret and immerse yourself in the music in the Cole Porter Room.
- Browse an incredible collection of rare printed materials thanks to The Remnant Trust.
Burn Off Excess Energy
- When fresh air is calling your family's name, Indianapolis is here to deliver.
- From hiking to biking to ziplining, here’s our guide to exploring the outdoors and enjoying the top parks in Indy.
Where Imagination Is Set Free
- Expansive galleries combine with lush grounds to stimulate the senses.
- Visit Newfields' incredible 100 Acres Art & Nature Park where kids can be playful with art.
The National Storyteller Of The Native American Experience
- Families enjoy sitting in a real stagecoach, hearing the story of Wasgo the Sea Monster at the two-story totem, and sitting on a bear skin in a real wigwam.
- One of ony two Native American museums east of the Mississippi River.