Indianapolis Fall Trip Ideas
If you are a fan of fall, get to Indy for some seasonal fun.
As the temperatures sink, you relish the opportunity to put on your favorite pair of jeans and a sweatshirt. You decided on a Halloween costume months ago. You're planning your family's next outing to a pumpkin patch or perhaps a fall festival. The kickoff to the NFL and NBA seasons mean it's time to cheer. You find the smell of pumpkin spice intoxicating.
This is the time of year to soak up your favorite season. This is fall.
YOUR GUIDE TO CELEBRATING THE CHANGING OF THE SEASONS
- The days may become shorter and the autumn air may have a crisp and cooler note, but Indy is alive with fun-filled fall festivals.
- From classically autumn-themed festivities to global and cultural gatherings, there is a celebration for everyone this fall.
WATCHING THE FOLIAGE CHANGE WITH THE SEASON
- From parks and playgrounds to iconic downtown views, we present the best places to see the seasons change in Indy.
- Peak autumn leaf-peeping season is October 20-November 10 in the Indianapolis region.
SEPTEMBER 19-OCTOBER 1
- Indy's annual celebration of jazz featuring the best in world-renowned jazz superstars to local jazz heroes.
- Performances take place all around the Circle City, including The Jazz Kitchen, The Cabaret, and Clowes Memorial Hall.
- Indy Jazz Fest's Grand Finale performance takes place on September 30 at TCU Amphitheater at White River State Park. (Insider tip: you can enter to win two pairs of tickets here!)
DRINK UP. CHECK IN. GET REWARDS.
- A mobile passport that will take you to the best breweries, distilleries, and craft beverage producers in Indianapolis.
- Visit eight locations to secure your free Indy Craft Pass t-shirt.
- Make it to every location for the ultimate craft beverage prize package.
RECONNECT WITH NATURE THIS FALL
- A 60-mile drive south of Indianapolis offers a nature-inspired getaway experience near Brown County State Park.
- Whether it’s a midweek break or a weekend getaway, these modern cabins have everything you need to relax and unwind.
THERE'S NOTHING LIKE GAME DAY IN THE CIRCLE CITY
- The Indianapolis Colts defend at Lucas Oil Stadium no less than seven times this season. Find the full schedule here.
- Dive into the excitement with The Fan Zone, The Tailgate Tent, The Colts Retail Express Trailer, and the Colts In Motion traveling museum before each home game.
SEPTEMBER 29-OCTOBER 31
- At night, the Newfields campus transforms into a spooky (not scary) haunted trail with thousands of ghoulish, glowing pumpkins.
- Be sure to catch the magical shenanigans at Mischief Manor.
- For over 70 years, the Historic Irvington Halloween Festival has united thousands of residents, several neighborhood organizations, and Eastside businesses with their Halloween festivities.
- The week-long festival includes a five-mile run, scholarship pageant, musicians, contests, Halloween-themed movie nights, ghost tours, roller derby, a haunted puppet show and more.
- Find your way through the 11-acre maze of corn-lined trails.
- This year's maze celebrations 40 years of the Headless Horseman celebration at Conner Prairie.
- There are three paths: a shorter, easier maze for younger children, and two longer, more challenging ones for older kids and adults.
TIME FOR PUMPKIN SPICE EVERYTHING
- Get your fall-filled caffeine buzz at one of our local coffeehouses.
- Sitting down over a cup of java at Calvin Fletcher's, Provider, or Bovaconti is an ideal way to discover neighborhoods and intersect with local culture.