Holiday Trip Ideas
EXPLORE INDY THIS HOLIDAY SEASON
With the holiday season approaching, the Circle City is gearing up for another year of bright lights and fun festivities. Indy welcomes you to join in the holiday fun. Explore beloved seasonal attractions, see the magic of the holidays unfold on-stage, and shop locally made products for your gift list. Indy has a little something for everyone, so grab your friends and family and make sure you don’t miss out on all the excitement this holiday season.
- A 60-year-old sparkling Indy tradition, with 4,784 lights adorning the Soldiers & Sailors Monument.
- Throughout the season, kids love the toy soldiers, giant candy canes, and Santa’s mailbox.
- Choreographed lightshow that invites you to walk through the garden trails as you sip your favorite hot beverage.
- From the “whimsy trees” to the lawn, it will be impossible to not marvel at thousands of holiday lights during your date night or family outing.
The Children's Museum of Indianapolis
- Let the kids experience the magic of winter while staying toasty indoors.
- Includes an indoor a snow castle, ice fishing, your favorite Jolly Days characters, and more.
- See seven chugging trains on 1,200 feet of track wind from Indy to famous western locations.
- A truly unique display of bark, leaves, twigs, and more.
Indiana Historical Society
- Admire 75 decorated trees trimmed for the holidays.
- Gather for Twilight Tuesdays for a late-night experience.
- Stop in the Cole Porter Room for a holiday singalong.
- Visit your favorite creatures as the zoo transforms into a winter wonderland of twinkling lights
- Keep warm with hot chocolate and other “Cups of Cheer”
- Explore award-winning indoor exhibits from the Dolphin Dome to the Simon Skjodt International Orangutan Center
Indiana State Museum
Hop on the new Snowfall Express for a magical journey.
Visit the home of Santa for plenty of holiday cheer.
Early risers may join Santa and his helpers for a winter wonderland breakfast.