ACCESSIBLE ATTRACTIONS IN INDY
125 S. Pennsylvania St., Indianapolis, IN 46204
Guest services: 317.917.2500 and GuestServices@Pacers.com
Box office: 317.917.2727
Main websites: Gainbridge Fieldhouse, Indiana Pacers, Indiana Fever
Gainbridge Fieldhouse, located in the heart of downtown Indy, is home to the NBA Indiana Pacers (October-April regular season schedule), the WNBA Indiana Fever (May-August regular season games), major concerts featuring headliner performers, and much more. The 18,000-seat fieldhouse, often referred to as a basketball shrine, pays homage to Indiana’s passion for hoops. Every seat is a good seat where you will feel on top of the action. It is nearly impossible to get hungry during an event at the fieldhouse with more than 100 concession stands making your taste buds happy. Gainbridge Fieldhouse is a fully accessible facility. All entrances into the Fieldhouse, as well as all levels of the Fieldhouse, are fully accessible via ramps, elevators, and/or escalators. Accommodations for guests with disabilities include restrooms, accessible ticket and concession counters, assisted listening devices, wheelchair availability, and more.
- A passenger drop-off area for those with disabilities is located on Bankers Life Court, which is a one-way eastbound street just off of Pennsylvania St. Accessible parking can be found at the Virginia Ave. garage.
- The Guest Relations Desk on the Main Concourse at Section 20 is open during all events to assist with all accessibility needs. The Guest Relations Desk in the Entry Pavilion is open during all events as well as Monday-Friday from 8:30 am-5:30 pm. Additionally, Guest Experience staff are stationed throughout the Fieldhouse to assist with general inquiries and accommodations for guests with disabilities.
- Seating for guests utilizing wheelchairs/mobility equipment is dispersed throughout the fieldhouse. The ticket office will provide information on the variety of options and prices available.
- Assistive listening devices are available upon request. Advance notice of seven days is requested to ensure availability.
- Information in Braille is located throughout Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Assistance with menu options at concessions is available upon request.
- Service animals are permitted. The Fieldhouse requests advance notice of an assistive animal to make accommodations for the guest and animal.
- Restrooms located throughout Bankers Life Fieldhouse provide accessible amenities. In addition, Gender-Neutral Restrooms are available on all levels of the Fieldhouse.
- Bankers Life Fieldhouse is a Sensory Inclusive Venue. Sensory Bags containing noise cancelling headphones as well as weighted lap pads are available at all Guest Relations Desks.
Indianapolis Indians at Victory Field
The Indianapolis Indians, the Triple-A affiliate of Major League Baseball’s Pittsburgh Pirates, play regular season home games at beautiful Victory Field, April through August. Victory Field is located in downtown Indy, and has been recognized as one of the best ballparks in America. Not only will you be dazzled by the play of these up and coming major leaguers, but also by the spectacular skyline views from the stands. Indians games often have special surprises. You might attend a Marvel Super Hero game, Kids Eat Free Sunday game, or a Friday night fireworks show. There is nothing better on a summer evening than to go with friends and family to an affordable, fun ballgame.
- The surface lot located on the west side of Victory Field offers accessible parking. There are 47 available spaces offered on a first-come, first-served basis, and the cost is $5. The parking lot opens four hours in advance of game time. If parking is not available in the lot, fans may be dropped off in the lot and enter through the accessible Third Base Gate. Fans can be picked up at the same location.
- Accessible seating is available for every game at a variety of price levels with companion seating adjacent. Accessible seating can be selected with online purchasing or at the box office.
- The guest relations desk is open on game days (and also from 9 am-5 pm on non-game days) to assist those with special needs. The desk is located in the main lobby behind section 109.
- The guest relations desk can assist you with complimentary wheelchairs, weighted blankets, headsets that play PA announcements, and noise canceling headphones.
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
A visit to Indy is not complete without a trip to its most iconic venue. Revered as the “Racing Capital of the World,” the Indianapolis Motor Speedway (IMS) is proud home to the famed Indianapolis 500. Contested each May on Memorial Day weekend, the 500 is the epitome of racing skills, technology, and daring. It is also the largest single-day sporting event in the world, with crowds swelling well above 300,000 people. Leading up to race day are multiple practice days, qualifications, concerts, and celebrations. September is the new month for NASCAR’s Brickyard 400, when the good ole boys rock the IMS track. Stay in touch with the IMS events calendar which is loaded with more great events, like the Brickyard Vintage Racing Invitational, Red Bull Air Race, and the popular Lights at the Brickyard, a holiday-season treat. The IMS Museum is open year-round, telling the stories of racing legends and providing tours of the famous Brickyard.
- Accessible seating (and seats for companions) is available throughout the venue at a variety of price points. The ticket office can assist you with choices.
- Accessible parking options are also an option that can best be explored with the ticket office staff.
- Accessible seating areas are conveniently located closest to spectator parking, restrooms, concessions and shops.
Indy Fuel at Indiana Farmers Coliseum
The Indy Fuel is a professional hockey team affiliated with the Chicago Blackhawks, playing regular season games October through April at the Indiana Farmers Coliseum located within the Indiana State Fairgrounds & Event Center. Fast-action hockey is unlike any other sport and the newly renovated Coliseum is the perfect venue to be thrilled by the close-up skating, checking, and scoring action. Special themed games and promotions are peppered throughout the schedule. The Indy Fuel welcomes every one, of all abilities, to enjoy affordable, family fun, entertainment. Tickets are available both online through Ticketmaster and at the Coliseum box office.
- The Fairgrounds has accessible parking near the Coliseum. Upon entry to the Fairgrounds, parking staff will direct you to the nearest accessible parking. There is a $5 charge for parking.
- The Coliseum is fully accessible: seating, adapted restrooms, ample-sized elevators, box office, wheelchair ramps, entryways, the Indy Fuel apparel shop, and concessions.
- Arriving early to a Fuel game allows guests time to get comfortable. Also, it helps patrons avoid crowds who may be attending the game or other events taking place at the fairgrounds.
- Sunday home games are Family Fun Days, when after the final horn blows, fans are invited on the ice. Wheelchairs are more than welcome, but a companion is advised.
- Trained, leashed service animals are permitted in the Coliseum and may rest alongside the guest.
- All concession stands are accessible and large print menus are available on request.
- Assistive listening devices are available for all events at five guest service kiosks located throughout the facility.
- Service animals are permitted. The stadium requests advance notice of an assistive animal to make accommodations for the guest and animal.
Lucas Oil Stadium
Lucas Oil Stadium is a state-of-the-art retractable roof multi-purpose venue which features spectacular views of the downtown Indianapolis skyline. Opened in 2008, the stadium seats over 67,000 for football games and other events and also boasts a high performance synthetic turf playing surface, 7 locker rooms, operable north window, dual two-level club lounges, 139 suites (including 8 at field level), retractable sideline seating, video boards, ribbon boards, spacious concourses, exhibit halls and meeting rooms. Lucas Oil Stadium has garnered numerous honors over the years including being named Street & Smith’s SportsBusiness Journal’s #1 Sports Facility of the Year 2008 and Best Stadium in the NFL by Stadium Journey Magazine multiple years. The stadium looks forward to hosting the 2021 & 2026 NCAA Final Four and the 2022 College Football Playoffs.
Lucas Oil Stadium is a fully accessible facility. All entrances into the stadium, as well as all levels of the stadium, are fully accessible via ramps, elevators and escalators. Accommodations for persons with disabilities include family restrooms, accessible ticket and concession counters, first-come first-serve designated parking, assisted listening devices, wheelchair availability and more. Assistive animals are welcome in the facility.
- The Lucas Oil Stadium Ticket Office and Will Call are located at the southeast corner of the stadium on Capitol Avenue. All ticket windows are accessible. Ticket Office staff can provide information on available seating options for events.
- Guests with disabilities may be dropped off and/or picked up on the southwest corner pull-through location off of Missouri Street, or on the northeast side of the stadium, on Capitol Avenue by the Colts Pro Shop.
- Guest Services staff are stationed throughout the stadium and are available to assist with general inquiries as well as accommodations for guests with disabilities.
- Restrooms located throughout Lucas Oil Stadium provide accessible amenities. In addition, Family Restrooms are available on all levels and quadrants of the stadium.
- Assistive Listening Devices are available during all major stadium events.
- All concession stands are accessible and large print menus are available upon request.