TAKE ON THE OUTDOORS IN INDY
When the sun is shining, you want to soak it up while surrounded by nature. An Indy getaway will accommodate your love of the outdoors with a mix of parks and attractions that dial in adventure and unique experiences you can only get here. Pack your shades, a water bottle, and get out to enjoy many of the city's hidden gems.
Eight Tips To Make The Most Out Of Wrsp
With 250 acres, a scenic canal, and multiple attractions located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, White River State Park is an oasis of fun. To make exploring easy, here are eight ideas for making the most of your visit.
Exercise With A View
Top Spots To Get Outside
A Place For Art And Nature
- The grounds at Newfields is a masterpiece of gardening spread over 152 acres.
- Formal gardens surround the stunning Lilly House with 1920s-era landscape design of the Oldfields estate.
- The Virginia B. Fairbanks Art & Nature Park is one of the largest museum art parks in the country.
Landscape And History Blend Together
- This 1,700-acre state park offers walking trails, picnic sites, fishing access, and two national historic districts.
- Ride 8.2 miles of beginner to intermediate singletrack mountain biking trail.
- Visit the saddle barn and try exploring via horseback.
Practice Your Tarzan Yell
- Swing through the treetops at Eagle Creek Park, one of the largest municipal parks in the country.
- This course isn’t just zip lines - enjoy rope ladders, 39 challening crossings, and two Tarzan swings.
Organic Dairy Farm And Restaurant
- Walk the pastures, meet the 50-60 Brown Swiss cows, and witness milking time as you learn how a real dairy farms work.
- Reward the family with ice cream, fresh milk, and even lunch at the restaurant overlooking the farm.
A Contemporary Lodge
- It’s small and personal, with just nine uniquely-designed rooms nestled in trendy Broad Ripple and overlooking the Monon Trail.
- The Bunkhouse Lounge is open in the evenings for wine, beer, and camaraderie.