Indy is a City Built on Sports
You go where your team goes and judge a city by its arena food. Your house wears your team’s colors and your firstborn was named after your favorite athlete. For you, Bracketology is a true science (and you claim to have a doctorate). If you live for buzzer-beaters, last-second field goals, and walk-off grand slams Indy has an adventure for you because you're not just a sports fan, you’re a fanatic.
- A weekend full of basketball activities ending with the All-Star game at Gainbridge Fieldhouse
- Enjoy Hoosier Historia by the Indy Arts Council where Indiana natives can celebrate the unique high school basketball history of the state.
- The All-Star weekend starts February 16 and closes with the big game on February 18.
- From June 15-23, 2024, Indy hosts the U.S. Olympic Team Trials for swimming that decides the team traveling to the Games in Paris, France.
- For the first time, the trials will be at a football stadium, Lucas Oil, in partnership with Indiana Sports Corp.
- Indy last hosted the trials in 2000 but will also be the 100-year anniversary since Indy hosted for the 1924 Olympic Games in Paris.
Catch the Action at Gainbridge Fieldhouse
- As one of the only NBA arenas designed specifically for viewing basketball games, Gainbridge Fieldhouse is often lauded as the most spectator-friendly arena in the league.
- Located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, the Fieldhouse is steps away from hotels, restaurants, and bars.
- The Pacers play 82 games each year with half of those at home. Gainbridge Fieldhouse has 20,000 seats and 71 luxury suites.
NFL Action in the Heart of Downtown Indy
- The Colts play 17 regular seasons games with eight at home in Lucas Oil Stadium.
- The parking lots around Lucas Oil Stadium come alive with a sea of blue and white, as fans fire up grills, play cornhole, and share in the excitement before cheering on the Colts.
- Indiana’s official WNBA team plays in Gainbridge Fieldhouse in downtown Indy.
- The Fever has qualified for the WNBA Playoffs in 13 of its 21 seasons.
- Famous players include Tamika Catchings and Katie Douglas.
Find Your Inner Champion
- Pay tribute to those amazing student athletes who train, sweat, struggle, and triumph in 24 different sports.
- Find your game and take the winning shot on a vintage basketball court, reliving the true story from the movie Hoosiers.
A Natural Playground
The Children's Museum Of Indianapolis
- 12 outside sports experiences and three indoor exhibits encompassing physical fitness and awe-inspiring sports history.
- Run, drive, jump, putt, and play while learning how to stay happy, healthy, and safe.
- Opening March 18.
Baseball With A View
- America’s pastime is played at Victory Field.
- The Indians play great ball with players seeking Big League fame with parent team, the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- Free fireworks show after every Friday home game and Tuesday Dollar Menu Days.