Construction for the Indy's bus rapid transit system Red Line is in full swing, and once complete, will feature buses arriving every ten minutes, operating 20 hours each day, 7 days a week.
One area currently under construction is the Fletcher Place and Fountain Square neighborhoods. The roadway is expected to reopen before the end of March. According to IndyGo Red, there will be two sections that are less than a block closed for about a week: Virginia Avenue north of Woodlawn Avenue and south of New Jersey Street. The construction team will be working as efficient as possible to expedite this makeover so don’t let a little dust keep you from visiting one of the best neighborhoods in Indy.
Access to all businesses and residences will be maintained throughout the duration of construction. The Cultural Trail and Pacers Bikeshare will also remain open and available. Fountain Square has a lot of character and there is always something going on. Be sure to check out our restaurants and events listed here on Visit Indy. The construction won’t stop me - catch me at some of the gems in Fountain Square before the dust settles this spring. Below is a list of events and places I’ll be going over the next month – see you there? I hope so! Be sure to tag #LoveIndy as you visit your favorite places.
Where’s Mike G?
- 3/11: DRNK CLTR at Lo-Fi – a conversion between the #1 podcast in Indy with Visit Indy’s own Chris Gahl.
- 3/15: Lari Pati at Pioneer – every third Friday this is where you go to have a good time, listen to music and dance to all kinds of music.
- Gavel: newly opened co-creating space to have drinks, meetings and collaborate - they would tell you that it’s somewhere between a coffee shop and a bar.
- Milktooth: A Top 25 Local Restaurant that is recognized as one of the best in the brunch places in the country and staple in the community. There is always something new on the menu new and worth trying.
- Tappers Arcade Bar: The newly remodeled space that is much bigger with more games and opportunities to have a good time.