Sure, it’s the largest children’s museum in the world, but it’s also the best according to recent USA Today Reader’s Choice Survey. A panel of experts partnered with USA Today’s 10Best editors to pick the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. The Children's Museum of Indinapolis (TCM) secured the number one spot.
Located just minutes from downtown, TCM features five exhibits exploring art, science, history and culture, a Dinosphere, and planetarium. Over one million visitors each year enjoy this five-level playground with a 43-foot brightly colored Dale Chihuly 'Fireworks of Glass' sculpture hanging in the middle and a fully rideable antique carousel on the top floor.
As it is the world’s biggest – and best, here are a few must-sees to help you plan your next visit:
- Experience life on the International Space Station at new permanent exhibit Beyond Spaceship Earth.
- Meet performers and “walk” a virtual reality tightrope at Circus – Staring You!
- Plan ahead and save on admission with TCM’s new dynamic pricing. Full details here.
- Visit on the first Thursday of each month from 4 tp 8 pm to receive $5 admission.
- Follow hashtags #OnlyatTCM and #LoveIndy for the best social images.