No matter their age or if they have kids or not, anytime anyone mentions they’re going to Visit Indy, there’s one statement that trips out of my mouth.
You must visit The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis.
Maybe it’s my own nostalgia kicking in as I remember the field trip I took there when I was a kid. Maybe it’s the great memories we’ve made with our own children there over the years. Maybe it’s because every season there’s a new and amazing exhibit to check out. Maybe it’s because The Children’s Museum has been recognized by countless sources as an institution of quality, known best for its educational efforts. Maybe it’s because it’s just plain fun.
Oh yeah, it’s all of those things.
And when I can help anyone save money WHILE visiting The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, well let’s just say I’m in the zone.
That being said, I’m so excited to share with you some of the changes coming to admission prices at one of my favorite Indianapolis destinations. You can now save more money when you visit by doing one simple thing - planning ahead. You can find tickets for as little as $12/person (savings of $7.50 or more/per person over current ticket prices). It’s exciting that more families will be able afford to visit the museum thanks to these changes!
Here’s how it works:
- Flex pricing will begin March 13, but you can begin buying tickets as early as today, Feb. 1.
- Head to the pricing calendar to see rates from then through the end of 2017. During this year, there will be at least 42 days (including eight weekend days) where tickets will be $16 or less!
- Lock in your price NOW. Prices won’t go down, but they might go up. So don’t hesitate when you hit that bargain date.
- As usual, your ticket still includes free parking, access to all of the museum’s exhibits, special performances, and exhibit programs. You’ll still need to buy an extra ticket for the Haunted House in October and don’t forget to bring $1 to ride the carousel!
Other great discounts:
- Free Admission: Four days out of the year, anyone can visit the museum for absolutely FREE. Don’t miss out on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (January), President’s Day (February) El Dia de los Ninos (April), and Christmas Eve Day (December).
- $5 First Thursday Nights: The First Thursday night of every month from 4-8 pm. Tickets are only $5/person.
- Access Pass: Families that receive Indiana State Assistance may quality for the Access Pass program.
- Military Discount: Military Personnel receive a 10 percent discount on top of the Plan Ahead Pricing, but those tickets must be purchased on site at the museum with proof of eligibility.
Want the best tips for how to buy your tickets? Check out this handy video. The Children’s Museum also has a handy FAQ page about their new pricing structure, answering everything from what to do if your kiddo gets sick on the day of your tickets to what to do if you don’t have access to a printer. Be sure to check it out for more details.
Best of all, if you visit with your family and fall in love with the Children’s Museum (what’s not to love?), then you can apply the cost of your tickets toward a membership so you can visit whenever you’d like!
There are plenty of great ways to save money when you visit the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis. Don’t forget to lock in your ticket prices today!