This weekend, Indianapolis is taking the spotlight on C-SPAN Cities Tour. The C-SPAN Cities Tour tells the story of America, exploring historically and literary significant landmarks in some of our nation's most celebrated cities. With Indy's unique cultural and literary history, we were able to welcome C-SPAN with a variety of one-of-a-kind Circle City stops.
Indy authors and history will be featured all weekend on C-SPAN, and we've given you the entire guide so you don't miss a second of C-SPAN coverage. Each segment can be found after air time here.
Opening Segment with Jeff Bennett
Friday, December 20, 7 am-10 am on Spectrum channels 323 and 1323
This morning, Indianapolis Deputy Mayor Jeff Bennett will kick off Indianapolis Weekend, appearing on C-SPAN’s Washington Journal program
Day 1: Indy Authors
Saturday, December 21, 12 pm. Airing on Book TV (C-SPAN2), Spectrum channels 19, 324, 1324
- C-SPAN takes a tour of the James Whitcomb Riley Museum Home with Manager Chris Mize
- We'll learn more about "Robert F. Kennedy & the 1968 Indiana Primary," with Author Ray Boomhower and Abie Robinson. Robinson actually attended the historic 1968 speech in Indianapolis.
- Visit to the newly opened Kurt Vonnegut Museum & Library, with Founder and CEO Julia Whitehead
- Converstaion with Jennifer Guiliano, author of "Indian Spectacle: College Mascots and the Anxiety of Modern America"
- Converstaion with Sheila Suess Kennedy, author of "Talking Politics?: What You Need to Know Before Opening Your Mouth"
Day 2: Indy History
Sunday, December 22, 2 pm. Airing on American History TV (C-SPAN3), Spectrum channels 325 and 1325)
- Visit the Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site with President and CEO Charles Hyde and Vice President of Curatorship Jennifer Capps
- Tour Indianapolis' African American History with Kisha Tandy, Indiana State Museum Curator of Social History
- Tour the Indiana State Capitol with tour guide Jim Johnson
- Learn about entrepreneur Madam C.J. Walker from Susan Hall Dotson, Indiana Historical Society Coordinator of African American History
- Tour the Indiana State Museum with Chief Curator Susannah Koerber
- Hear about the Origins of the Indianapolis 500 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum