Indy has successfully hosted 295 live events with combined attendance of over 1,070,000 - which included the entire NCAA Men's March Madness Tournament in 2021. From the Indiana Convention Center to hotels, Indy has fine tuned hosting safe events throughout the pandemic, and our team can guide you each step of the way.
Ten Reasons You Can Confidently Book Indy
- Destination Appeal: Condé Nast Traveler, TIME Magazine, and Travel + Leisure scoured the globe and named Indy to their list of ‘Best Places to Go in 2021’. From the opening of the new Bottleworks District to the opening of the immersive art experience, THE LUME, these top publications know best. They chose Indy. Now, it's your turn.
- Task Force in Action: As soon as the COVID-19 pandemic hit, Visit Indy gathered 63 city leaders and hospitality employees across all sectors to work diligently towards a Hoosier Hospitality Promise to our visitors. This Task Force meets regularly to ensure every step is being taken towards a safe and healthy environment.
- Hospital-Grade Filters: In March of 2020, the Indiana Convention Center installed hospital-grade filtration systems and have been running the system daily. In fact, the center received NAFA's 2020 and 2021 Clean Air Award for leadership and excellence in air filtration.
- Drivability: Indy is within a day’s drive of more than half of the nation’s population, making it one of America’s most drivable cities. Research shows travelers will be more comfortable taking a road trip before boarding a plane.
- Walkability: With 4,700 rooms connected to the Indiana Convention Center and over 7,500 rooms in the downtown core, your attendees can safely walk to their meeting destination without having to employ shuttles.
- Hybrid Meetings. Indy was the first city to offer a citywide AV and WiFi discount for hybrid meetings. Additionally, our on-staff Digital Event Strategist is ready to serve as your hybrid concierge.
- Outdoor Venues: We know there is perceived safety in being outdoors. Fortunately, Indy is home to numerous outdoor venues within walking distance from our downtown convention package – White River State Park and their new Lawn amphitheater, Monument Circle, Indianapolis Zoo’s White River Gardens, Chef JJ’s Rooftop Terrace, or even the Georgia Street promenade immediately outside the Convention Center.
- Employee Training: A new 2020 Super Service training program committed to the Hoosier Hospitality Promise has been launched for hospitality employees across all sectors.
- Making Headlines: The Indiana Convention Center has been named to EXHIBITOR Magazine's 2021 and 2022 Centers of Excellence list. This honor is given to the top convention centers in North America.
- You Make an Impact: 83,000 men and women in Indy depend on tourism for a paycheck. When travel came to a screeching halt, our industry nationwide immediately felt the void of no visitors. Let’s rebuild the #1 Convention City in the U.S. (USA Today)