Love is in the Indy air this Valentine’s Day! Whether you’re celebrating with your significant other, friends, family, or simply treating yourself, here are a few unique events to share the love this Valentine’s Day weekend.
Lace up your dancing shoes and dance the night away at these events:
- Valentines Day Concert & Dance with the Indianapolis Jazz Orchestra
- Grab your date and dance to the talented Indianapolis Jazz Orchestra’s romantic renditions. Hosted by Arts for Lawrence at the Sterrett Center for $15.
- Love Is All You Need Dinner & Dance at Rathskeller Ballroom
- Keep things classy with the annual dinner and dance at the iconic Rathskeller. For $110 per couple, enjoy a tasty three-course meal, and then take on the dance floor with a performance by the First Time Caller dance band. Call to reserve your spot at this annual event.
Put a twist on the classic movie date with these events:
- Vonnegut’s Valentine’s Party
- The Kurt Vonnegut Museum Library is hosting the perfect night for any literature lover. At $12 per ticket, you can enjoy a screening of Long Walk to Forever, a short film based on a story by Kurt Vonnegut. Then, cap off the night by learning some new moves from event sponsor Arthur Murray Dance Center of Avon.
- Bank of America Film Series- Casablanca and the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra
- Head to the Hilbert Circle Theatre for a film experience unlike any other! Watch the award-winning romantic classic Casablanca with live orchestral accompaniment courtesy of the incredible Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra.
Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show at these events:
- Love Is In The Air with the Indianapolis Ballet at Newfields
- The Indianapolis Ballet and The Toby at Newfields are bringing the love to the stage all three days of Valentine’s weekend. Dancers perform three works in this romantic production that you do not want to miss!
- Valentine Laugh-A-Thon with Rickey Smiley & Friends
- Is there anything better than laughing with someone you love? Stand-up comedian and television/radio personality Rickey Smiley is ready to make that happen! Join him and a cohort of his hilarious pals at the Murat Theatre at the Old National Centre.
For more romantic ideas, check out Visit Indy's Unique Date Ideas Guide here.