THINGS EVERY WILD ONE SHOULD DO IN INDY
You live life at a different speed than others. You crave adventure and seek out new experiences wherever you travel. You grab life by the horns and don’t let go.
Adrenaline junkie. Daredevil. They can call you whatever they want – you’re a Wild One.
ARE YOU FASTER THAN A CAT?
- Go head to head with a cheetah and test your running time against the fastest animal on land
- Gain racing inspiration from Tony Stewart, Indiana native, animal fan, and three-time NASCAR champion
- These sleek cats are one of hundreds of species found at the first triple-accredited zoo in the nation (zoo, aquarium, and botanical gardens)
THE CHILDREN’S MUSEUM OF INDIANAPOLIS
- Only place on Earth you can go to get a real feel for what life on the ISS is really like
- NASA space capsule Liberty Bell 7 on display
- Discover what the future of space exploration may hold as it’s being developed by NASA and partners like SpaceX
AN ADRENALINE RUSH LIKE NO OTHER
- Get fitted head to toe in fire-protectant racing gear, shoes, and helmet and be strapped into an Indy 500 car driven by a real Indy 500 driver
- Take turns going around the famed 2.5-mile oval of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and on the straightaway reach up to 180 mph
- Or, take it up a notch and drive the IndyCar yourself
PRACTICE YOUR TARZAN YELL
- Swing through the treetops at Eagle Creek Park, one of the largest municipal parks in the country
- This course isn’t just zip lines - also enjoy rope ladders, 39 crossings such as the Log Balance, Flying Carpet, Tic Tac Toe, and two Tarzan swings
- The staff will prep and train you for your treetop adventure
INDYCAR RACER PICKS HIS FAVORITE INDY SPOTS
Two-time Indy 500 pole setter Ed Carpenter takes a big risk every time he sits behind the wheel. Racing 220+ mph takes strength, courage, and skill. Follow along as Ed shares his favorite places in Indy, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and beyond.
THE EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME
- Located in nearby Frankfort, SkyDive Indy is run by professionally trained instructors of Accelerated Free Fall (AFF)
- The tandem jump is perfect for first-time divers, who get trained, outfitted in jumpsuit and harness, board the plane, and jump attached to an instructor, falling at 120 mph
- Instructors are on hand to teach on-your-own jumping if you're feeling particularly brave
TRY IF YOU DARE
- The hot mustard at The Rathskeller is no joke. Dunk cautiously
- Travel Channel named St. Elmo Steak House’s horseradish-packed shrimp cocktail “the world’s spiciest dish”
- Need a challenge? Head to Bub’s Burger and order a Big Ugly. Anyone who finishes this one-pound burger gets their photo on the wall
BOHEMIAN NEIGHBORHOOD THAT SHINES AT NIGHT
- A hub of local shopping during the day is a favorite for partying at night
- Bars and pubs line Broad Ripple Avenue and its offshoots, including HopCat Broad Ripple and Thr3e Wise Men, both with a huge selection of brews
- The Vogue night club has a 25-year history that includes performances by Frank Zappa, Ice Cube, and the Dave Matthews Band
- Founded in 2011, Daredevil is dedicated to brewing “aggressively fun” beers
- Located in the heart of Speedway, IN, sit on the patio and listen to the sound of cars turning 220 mph
- The facility includes a state of the art craft brewery, quality lab, taproom, and a large 8,000-square-feet outside patio and lawn area with a stage for live music
A CONTEMPORARY LODGE
- It’s small and personal, with just nine uniquely-designed rooms nestled in trendy Broad Ripple and overlooking the Monon Trail.
- The Bunkhouse Lounge is open in the evenings for wine, beer, and camaraderie.