Indy is known for its walkability, but there are times you’ll need more than a pair of shoes to get where you’re going. This is your guide to efficiently moving about the city.
Finding parking in Indianapolis doesn’t have to difficult. Indy offers 73,000 spaces downtown.
- Parking Map: Downtown Indy’s Parking Guide includes a detailed map of downtown parking with filters for everything from buses to motorcycles.
- Parking Meters: ParkIndy provides intuitive technology to making parking easy via their pay boxes and parking app.
- Special Event Parking: Indianapolis Parking and Gate Ten Events & Parking both offer parking in close proximity to Lucas Oil Stadium.
- Reserve Parking: ParkWhiz allows opportunities to pre-pay for reserved parking in select lots.
Taxis, Cars, Buses, and Ridesharing
The following resources are available to move you about the city.
- Public Transportation: IndyGo provides bus service with over 30 fixed routes from their downtown transportation hub. The new Red Line is Indy's first bus rapid transit line with electric buses, platform boarding, and high-frequency service along 13 miles stretching from Broad Ripple in the north the University of Indianapolis in the south.
- Taxis: Select taxi companies agreed to a standard $5 fare for rides that begin and end in the regional center. For all licensed taxi companies click here.
- Car Service Apps: Indy is a friendly city for both Uber and Lyft.
- Limousines, Premium Car Services, and Motorcoaches: Enjoy VIP transportation experiences through Aadvanced Limousines, Carey Indiana, Lafayette Limo, Luxury Worldwide Transportation, Miller Transportation, Turner Coaches, or Reserve Car Services.
- Airport Shuttle: GO Express Travel provides atransportation to the airport from major downtown venues and hotels.
- Electric Car Sharing: BlueIndy is a 100% electric car sharing program with over 200 locations, 1,000 charging stations and 500 cars throughout the city.
- Bikeshare: With 29 stations and 251 bikes, Pacers Bikeshare bikes are available with a 24-hour pass, monthly pass, or annual purchase. Pay-as-you-go options make it easy for visitors to explore on two wheels.
- Bike Rentals: Explore on two-wheels with bikes from Wheel Fun Rentals in White River State Park or Bicycle Garage Indy (BGI), located in historic City Market.
Download print-ready versions of these popular maps:
• Downtown Indy
• Downtown Parking
• Downtown Restaurants
• Breweries and Distilleries
• Multi-Modal Transportation
• Fountain Square/Fletcher Place
• Mass Ave