Throughout the day, history’s greatest presidents, including Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Herbert Hoover, Millard Fillmore, Dwight Eisenhower and more will tell tales from the White House. First ladies will also share stories from their influential lives. Family games, music and storytelling will celebrate the presidency the entire day.
The following feature performances are planned on President’s Day at Conner Prairie:
- 11 am, 1 pm - Sing Patriotic Songs with Lady Liberty: Lady Liberty will lead sing-a-longs of some of the country’s most popular patriotic songs.
- 11:15 am, 3:30 pm - George Washington’s Surprise Birthday Party: This is the main event. Guests can celebrate the birthday of America’s first president. Light refreshments, time for photos and games will all be part of the party.
- 11:30 am, 1 pm, 3 pm - Storytelling with Abigail Powers Fillmore: First Lady Fillmore will select books from the White House library and perform readings.
- 11:30 am, 2 pm - Chisholm: Ready or Not: Guests can find out who the first black woman was to be elected to Congress and who the first black woman to run for president was.
- 12:30 pm - Presidential Jeopardy! with host Abigail Fillmore: Guests can test their knowledge about American presidents with former teacher and First Lady Abigail Fillmore.
- 3 pm - Ask Abe: Abraham Lincoln will make himself available to answer guests’ questions about his life and presidency and offer up some helpful life advice.
- 4 pm - A Fireside Chat: Franklin Delano Roosevelt will share stories of his life and presidency.
A host of other family-friendly activities are planned throughout the day.