The Children's Museum will offer a free admission day.
Celebrate the life, achievements, and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. with a variety of activities:
- Enjoy special performances and activities celebrating Dr. King’s life and black history woven throughout five full floors of interactive galleries and exhibits at the world's largest children's museum.
- Griot Drum Ensemble Performances-Enjoy energetic and engaging percussion music as the Griot Drum Ensemble performs authentic traditional West African and Diaspora drumming.
- Figures of the Civil Rights Movement-Join storyteller Portia Jackson as she tells tales of courageous children in the Civil Rights Movement.
- Freetown Village Singing Troupe-Experience vibrant vocal performances from Freetown Village, a living history museum representing the men and women of the many African American communities throughout Indiana in the years following the end of the Civil War.
- Ruby’s Story-Escorted by federal marshals, Ruby Bridges walked through angry, threatening crowds to get to her first-grade classroom. Hear from some of the people that Ruby inspired as they tell her story in this live theatrical performance.