The Children's Museum will offer a free admission day.
Enjoy special performances and activities celebrating Dr. King’s
life and black history woven throughout five full floors of interactive galleries and exhibits at the world's largest children's museum.
- Griot Drum Ensemble Performances-Enjoy energetic and engaging percussion music as the Griot Drum Ensemble performs authentic traditional West African and Diaspora drumming. 10:30 and 11:45 a.m.
- Figures of the Civil Rights Movement-Join storyteller Portia Jackson as she tells tales of courageous children in the Civil Rights Movement. 11:30 am, 12:30, and 1:30 pm.
- Freetown Village Singing Troupe-Experience vibrant vocal performances from Freetown Village, a living history museum representing the men and women of the many African American communities throughout Indiana in the years following the end of the Civil War. 1 and 2 pm.
- Ruby’s Story-Escorted by federal marshals, Ruby Bridges walked through angry, threatening crowds to get to her first-grade classroom. Hear from some of the people that Ruby inspired as they tell her story in this live theatrical performance.
- Wordle of Peace and Dream Memes-Celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. by creating a wordle of peace or designing a meme that tells your dream.
Martin Luther King Jr. Day is supported by FedEx and Capital Group Companies.