Indy Holiday Tour - Sparkling Traditions
Spread holiday cheer by coming to Indianapolis. The city is decked out in sparkling holiday lights and glittering splendor while cherished events, activities, and performances bring out the "Ho-Ho-Ho" in everyone.
- The Circle of Lights – the day after Thanksgiving through early January, Indy's Soldiers and Sailors Monument is transformed into the "world's largest Christmas tree" with thousands of lights spanning the 284-foot sculpture. It is Indiana's largest lighting display and the holiday epicenter of the state. (30 minutes)
- Eiteljorg Museum's Jingle Rails – doesn't every kid want a train set as a present? The Eiteljorg Museum's gift to kids of all ages is a unique train excursion in which seven miniature trains journey from Indianapolis to points West (Yosemite, Grand Canyon, and more), all on a display made of 100% natural products. (1 hour)
- Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra's Yuletide Celebration – this beloved show features the renowned ISO, its choir, and many surprises (dancing Santas, for example) that put everyone in good cheer. Yuletide is the nation's largest orchestra-produced holiday show of its kind. (3 hours)
- Indiana Repertory Theatre's A Christmas Carol – Dickens comes to life on the IRT stage each holiday season. Applauded as one of the nation's finest renditions of Ebenezer Scrooge's search for his soul, be amazed at the special ghostly effects, costumes, and extraordinary actors. (3 hours)
- A Beef & Boards Christmas – for a toe-tapping, sing-along show with holiday buffet dinner included, A Beef & Boards Christmas is what Santa has in his bag for you. There is no better show to find the spirit of the season. (3 hours)
- Festival of Trees – the Indiana Historical Society presents 72 trees, elaborately decorated in themes. (1-2 hours)
- Lights at the Brickyard – a new addition to Indy's holiday traditions, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway will shine with more than 2 million lights in 400 displays across 40 scenes along a 1.7-mile driving experience. (1-2 hours)
- Christmas at the Zoo – the Indianapolis Zoo becomes a holiday wonderland with twinkling lights, carolers, hot chocolate, and of course, the animals! Special dolphin shows are presented and a wildly good time promised. (1-2 hours)
- The Children's Museum's Jolly Days – multi-generational groups will want to stop at the world's largest children's museum and put on their jollies. The Yule Slide is waiting! (1-2 hours)
- The Indiana State Museum's Celebration Crossing – highlighted by the Santa Express train ride (all ages, all aboard!), the museum has special activities and displays to bring smiles to all. (1 hour)
- Circle Centre and The Fashion Mall, Keystone at the Crossing – for shoppers, we recommend downtown's Circle Centre and its 100 shops and eateries, and on the north side, the upscale Fashion Mall with fabulous stores including Saks, Nordstrom, Burberry, and the Apple Store. (1-4 hours)
- Conner Prairie "Holidays on the Prairie" – The season is packed with holiday, family-friendly activities. A favorite tradition is the Gingerbread Village where amazing culinary creations create a holiday memory.
- The Skyline Club – dine on the 36th floor of the One America tower, overlooking downtown Indy's holiday festivities. (1-2 hours)
- LS Ayres Tea Room – stop in and enjoy lunch and holiday refreshments while enjoying the historic setting of the replicated department store tea room. (1-1.5 hours)
- Hollyhock Hill – country-style cuisine and an Indianapolis dining tradition since 1928. The specialty of the house is scrumptious fried chicken with all the proper trimmings. (1-2 hours)
- Buca di Beppo – with locations downtown and the north and south sides of Indy, Buca is perfect for groups that want a festive holiday dining experience seasoned with abundant food and fun. (1-2 hours)
- Iron Skillet – enjoy a family-style dinner at this 53-year-old restaurant residing in an historic home. The beautiful setting matches the excellent dining experience. (1-2 hours)
Please contact Brooke Godsey, Sales Manager - Domestic and Canadian Tour Markets, or Krysten Douglas, Sales Manager - International Tour Market, for more detailed information about the venues and activities on this itinerary.