Active Indy Tour - Just Do It
For those who like "to do" – Indy is replete with great recreational options for all generations. From nature walks to ziplines, enjoy urban recreation that keeps you active and energized.
- Downtown Central Canal – is a mecca for walkers and joggers, who enjoy its 3.5-mile scenic loop. Rent pedal boats, bikes, and Segways or even take a gondola ride. 1-2 hours
- The Cultural Trail – an extraordinary 8-mile bike and pedestrian pathway connecting Indy's cultural districts and historic neighborhoods. On the journey discover intriguing public art and the Glick Peace Walk's historic luminaries (Lincoln, King, Edison, and more.) Time dependent on distance traveled.
- Art & Nature Park – the Indianapolis Museum of Art boasts a unique outdoor art park, with engaging walking trails and interactive stops for all. Nearby are the gardens of the historic Oldfields home and estate. 1-2 hours
- Eagle Creek Park & Marina – one of the largest municipal parks in the U.S., outdoor experiences include 22 miles of nature trails, bird-watching, swimming, boat rentals, a zipline course, and picnics galore. Time dependent on activities.
- Action Duckpin Bowl & Atomic Bowl Duckpin – the Midwest's only automatic lanes are in Indy. It's vintage bowling using smaller pins and balls (no holes), located inside the historic Fountain Square Theatre Building. Action Duckpin Bowl has eight lanes, a billiard table, and authentic 1930s decor. Atomic Bowl Duckpin takes you back to the '50s with seven lanes, a jukebox, and pool table. 2 hours
- Climb Time Indy – indoor rock climbing for all ages and skills. Harness up and scale your mountain. Group climbs available. 1-2 hours
- Speedway Indoor Karting – this world-class indoor karting facility offers racing on both European multi level tracks and on banked ovals. Instructors easily guide all ages and experience levels to success behind the wheel. 1-2 hours
- Pete Dye Golf Trail – renowned golf course designer Pete Dye lives in Indianapolis and the city boasts many of his favorite courses. Get your driver out to explore Dye’s The Fort, at scenic Fort Harrison State Park, or take the challenge at the Brickyard Crossing Golf Course, where four holes are inside the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway. 4 hours
- Ice Skating at Indiana State Fairgrounds – the new Youth Arena is the perfect place for groups with a passion for ice skating. Open seasonally. 1-2 hours
- Fastimes Karting Center – every racing aficionado will feel the rush at this multi-level karting center. Groups welcome for a competitive good time. 1-2 hours
- IndyCar Two-Seater – strap on the helmet and take a ride in a real IndyCar! At the Dallara IndyCar Factory, a professional driver will take you on a street-legal ride in Speedway. Or, hit 150 mph and take the turns at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. 1-1.5 hours
- Go Ape Treetop Adventure – A unique treetop adventure located at beautiful Eagle Creek Park. The adventure includes rope ladders, Tarzan swings, and five ziplines that rise through the forest at each stage. Absolutely exhilarating. 2-3 hours
- ActiveIndy Tours – this locally owned company will coordinate walking, biking, and jogging tours for active groups. Tour guides explain the sites along the way. 1-2 hours
- Indiana Pacers Bikeshare - rent bikes and zip from place to place including along the Indianapolis Cultural Trail. More than 250 bikes located at 25 different stations. 30 minutes and more
- Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park - Bounce your way to an energetically unique recreational experience. Families, kids and adults find Sky Zone tramp and team experiences take them to new heights of fun. 1 hour or more
Indy has your game on at spots all over the city. 1-3 hours each
- GlowGolf – a mini-golf experience at Circle Centre mall where everything is aglow.
- Greatimes Fun Park – go carts, bumper boats, and batting cages.
- Hoosier Heights – one of the nation’s premier indoor rock climbing facilities.
- Incredi-Plex – inflatables, obstacle courses, and more.
- Laser Flash – Indiana's largest laser tag arena, multi-level plus 40 arcade games.
- The Monon Community Center – located in Carmel, Indiana, includes fitness center, trails, and aqua park.
- Roller Cave – roller skating and more, including indoor baseball and mini-golf.
- Royal Pin Leisure Centers – state-of-the-art bowling centers, some glow-in-the-dark.
- TILT – incredible video game technology, Indy Car roller coaster simulators.
- Wheel Fun Bike Rentals and Wheel Fun Boat Rentals – rent at White River State Park and explore the canal and downtown Indy.
- Taste Indy Food Tour – a progressive food extravaganza, customized to each group and including a walking tour of an historic Indy neighborhood. (3-4 hours)
- Rick's Cafe Boatyard – dine on beautiful Eagle Creek Reservoir in this popular, locally owned restaurant. (1-1.5 hours)
- Maggiano's Little Italy - after a full day of activity, enjoy pasta and wine in this group-friendly Italian eatery.
- Indianapolis City Market – explore the local stand holders and restaurants at the historic market. The market is also an Indy Bike Hub.
Please contact Brooke Godsey, Sales Manager - Domestic and Canadian Tour Markets, or Krysten Douglas, Sales Manager - International Tour Market, for more detailed information about the venues and activities on this itinerary.