The IU Health Indy Criterium is more than just a cycling race. It is a celebration of all things bicycling in our community! Whether you enjoy grabbing a frosty beverage and watching the races or want to experience our interactive PNC Kids Zone, we have something for everyone. The IU Health Indy Criterium is a family-friendly event with bicycle safety courses, face painting, kids and junior races and much more!
Race festivities will take place on Monument Circle and along E. Ohio St. between Meridian St. and Pennsylvania St.
- Amateur bicycle racing
- PNC Kids Bike Races (age 3-9)
- Junior's bike races (age 9-18)
- VIP/Celebrity Relay Race p/b The National Bank of Indianapolis
- Relay Race on Pacers Bikeshare bicycles featuring Mayor Joe Hogsett, mascots, and leaders in the community
- PNC Kids Zone p/b Riley Children's Health and the CIBA Foundation Featuring games, activities, rock wall, bounce house, 300 helmets being distributed to kids throughout the day thanks to the generosity of the CIBA Foundation
- CIBA Indy Crit Kick-Off Ride hosted by Team Nebo Ridge (14/35/52 mile route options)
- PNC Family Fun Ride (4.5 miles)
- Sun King Beer Garden
- Food Trucks
- Vendor Village
- Handlebar Indy Pedal Pub Tour & Race
- Pacers Bikeshare Bicycle Tour
- Free, secure bike parking
- 9 am - NEW! Major Taylor Community Ride from Monument Circle to the Indy Cycloplex – Home of the Major Taylor Velodrome.
- 9 am - Indy Crit Kick-Off Ride for recreational bicyclists, including a parade lap around the course on closed city streets.
- 9:30 am-6 pm - Bicycle races, both amateur and professional, throughout the day. Nine races in total with varying lengths from 30-70 minutes per race.
- 10:30 am - PNC/Meijer Family Bicycle Ride, featuring a 3.5-mile recreational ride along the Indianapolis Cultural Trail led by the Central Indiana Bicycling Association and CIBA Foundation.
- 11 am-3 pm - PNC/Meijer Kids Zone featuring bicycling obstacle courses, yoga, health education, rock wall, bounce house, and a variety of family-fun outdoor activities. Kids can pedal, jump, climb and play all while learning how to stay happy, healthy and safe this summer! Three hundred (300) bicycle helmets will be distributed by the CIBA Foundation throughout the day.
- 12:10-12:25 pm - VIP Celebrity Relay Race presented by Faegre Baker Daniels and The National Bank of Indianapolis, featuring Indianapolis Mayor Joe Hogsett, Indiana Fever mascot Freddy Fever, Indianapolis Colts cheerleaders, and local business leaders racing on Pacers Bikeshare bicycles.
- 12:30-12:40 pm - PNC/Meijer Kids Bicycle Races (ages 3-9) on Meridian Street racing to Monument Circle.
- 1:50-3 pm - Elite Women’s Race presented by Bicycle Garage Indy and Liv, featuring some of the fastest professional and semi-professional female cyclists in the Midwest, competing for a $5,000 cash prize purse.
- 3:10 pm-4 pm - Elite Men’s Race, featuring some of the fastest professional and semi-professional male cyclists in the Midwest, competing for a $5,000 cash prize purse.