Indy’s tourism industry is powered by 83,000 men and women, a talented workforce who welcome the city’s 30 million annual visitors and ensure “Hoosier Hospitality” is more than a catchphrase.
Our city and state leadership have taken necessary action to close restaurants, attractions, and public institutions for the next few weeks to encourage social distancing in response to COVID-19.
While public safety is the priority, and we applaud this decision, this means life for the hospitality community is not business as usual.
Here are some ways you can help support the 83,000 strong who give so much to our community during this unprecedented time:
Support the Arts
The Arts Council of Indianapolis recommends the following four ways you can immeditely help arts organizations:
- Donate tickets you have to any canceled events back to the organization versus asking for a refund.
- Donate directly to the arts and culture organizations and venues you frequent.
- Provide payments and tips to the individual artists of all disciplines who are sharing their work
on social media.
- Buy subscriptions, memberships, tickets, and gift cards supporting arts and cultural
Order Carryout or Buy a Gift Card
- The Children's Museum of Indianapolis is bringing the museum to you, with daily virtual tours and activities for you and the family. Learn more here.
- Indianapolis Zoo is live streaming Macaws Forest here.
- Living room concerts, virtual gallery tours, streaming performances, and special vault content are all being shared on social media with the tag #IndyKeepsCreating.
Considering donating to below reliefs funds established to help our tourism community: