Gen Con Indy is the original, longest-running, best-attended, gaming convention in the world.
With thousands of events, a costume contest, film festival, anime, Authors' Avenue, art show, and more, Gen Con is a can't-miss event.
For more than 50 years, Gen Con has created a home for games and for more than a decade, it has brought its unique atmosphere to Indianapolis. With numerous programs and events for those of every interest, Gen Con has something for everyone! Here's just a sampling of what you can expect:
- A sold-out exhibit hall with hundreds of game companies
- More than 16,500 events
- A costume contest
- An art show featuring the world's best illustrators
- The writer's symposium and authors' avenue, including New York Times best-selling authors
For our 25th year, join fellow authors for the best four days of gaming AND writing!
- A digital gaming area with arcades, unique imports, and retro games
- A film festival that awards prizes to winning submissions
Filmmakers from around the world gathered to compete in last year's festival. Some travel from as far away as Brazil and Denmark to the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis for screenings, film panels, and the awards ceremony. Films from across the United States, Canada, Australia, Israel, Japan, and Great Britain made it a truly international event.
- Fresh, hard-to-find anime selections
- Giant balloon sculpture
- A beer garden with late night hours
- 40+ food trucks from top local vendors
- Panels and seminars with industry insiders
- The massive, long-running true dungeon
- A vibrant family fun pavilion with kids events all weekend long
- The first exposure playtest hall, where designers and playtesters meet to test games in development.
- Bands and on-site music
- And of course, there are more games than anyone could count!
Gen Con Indy truly is the BEST FOUR DAYS IN GAMING!