In Treasures Tour
Featuring French Lick, Indianapolis, and Amish Country
Indiana invites you on a multi-day journey revealing the distinctive, authentic, and varied gems of Southern, Central, and Northern Indiana. Discover "The Castle on the Hill," the "Eighth Wonder of the World," elephants, John Dillinger, a singing gondolier, a balloon voyage, calf-birthing, Amish housewives, the "Golden Dome," and inspiring quilt gardens. These treasures are gift wrapped in renowned Hoosier Hospitality offered graciously by notoriously friendly folks.
3 Days in Southern Indiana and French Lick
- Monastery Immaculate Conception – distinctive "Castle on the Hill," founded in 1867, the nation's second largest community of Benedictine sisters.
- Historic French Lick Springs and West Baden Hotels – one unique resort, two historic hotels: one known for its "miracle waters" from nearby sulfur springs, the other proclaimed the "Eighth Wonder of the World."
- Boat Cruise on Patoka Lake – cruise Indiana's second-largest reservoir surrounded by 27,000 acres of forest and wildlife.
- The Elephant Retreat at Wilstem Ranch – meet three African elephants in this once-in-a-lifetime, up-close educational experience.
- Pioneer Village at Spring Mill State Park – Indiana's pioneer experience preserved and interpreted within 20 historical buildings. A three-story gristmill still grinds cornmeal today.
- Indiana University Limestone and Architecture Tour – campus is home to one of the world's largest concentrations of Indiana limestone buildings, many ornately adorned.
- Columbus, in Architecture Tour – Columbus is a mecca of modern architecture, with 40 architecturally significant buildings on the tour including stops at two locations.
- Unique Dining Experiences – Monkey Hollow Winery & Bistro, the German Cafe, Millstone Dining Room, IU Memorial Union Tudor Room, and Zaharako's Ice Cream Parlor & Museum.
3 Days in Central Indiana & Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Dallara IndyCar Factory – tour the world's most famous 2.5-mile oval, see winning cars, and at Dallara, buckle up for a ride.
- Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site – our 23rd president, at his home learn his unique story and significance in American history.
- White River State Park – in downtown Indy, attractions include the Indianapolis Zoo, Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art, Indiana State Museum, and NCAA Hall of Champions.
- Newfields – 152 acres of artistic experiences from galleries, historic country estate home and gardens, and outdoor sculpture park that features the original LOVE sculpture.
- Gondola Rides on the Canal – glide down the Central Canal in an authentic gondola, serenaded in Italian by your gondolier.
- Conner Prairie – take a tethered balloon voyage over the prairie, meet the folks of 1836 Prairietown, and engage in a Civil War skirmish.
- Additional Indy Experiences – Indiana Medical History Museum, Indiana State Capitol tour, Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre, Slippery Noodle Inn, Skyline Club, Shapiro's Delicatessen, Metazoa Brewing.
3 Days in Northern Indiana & Amish Country
- Amish Acres and Round Barn Theatre – only Old Order Amish farmstead listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Learn the history, culture, and heritage of the "Plain People," and be entertained by Broadway musicals in the unique Round Barn Theatre.
- Brown Bag Backroads Tour of Amish Country – sit back and learn about the fascinating Amish lifestyle by traveling picturesque backroads with a knowledgeable guide. Stop at several Amish-owned shops and fill your brown bag with goodies.
- Authentic Amish Experiences – group exclusive behind-the-scenes interactions with the Amish at enterprises including a buggy shop, coffin maker, school, and camel dairy farm.
- Real Housewives of Amish Country – get a glimpse of Amish women and their daily lives. Learn the household chores, how families live without modern technology, take part in a cinnamon roll demo with Elaine, and a haystack lunch at Carolyn's home.
- Quilt Gardens Along the Heritage Trail – tour an ABA Top 100 event featuring 19 giant gardens planted in the shape of quilt patterns brought to life by more than one million flower blooms. Optional add-ons to your tour are quilt shop hops, exhibitions, and demonstrations.
- Fair Oaks Farm Dairy and Pig Adventures – the Dairy Adventure includes live calf-birthing, milk processing, and "cow bus" while the Pig Adventure gets you up close to piglets, sows, and boars.
- University of Notre Dame – guided walking tour of the world-famous and historic campus, home of the "Fighting Irish." An orientation video and shopping time at the bookstore included.
- Unique Dining Experiences – a Thresher's Dinner at Amish Acres, dinner at Das Dutchman Essenhaus, Tippecanoe Place Restaurant/Mansion, and an Amish Wedding Dinner in an Amish home.
Please contact Chris Cecil, Jr., Meetings Express Sales Manager - Domestic, Canadian, and International Tour Markets, or John Mellinger, Visitor Experience Manager/Information Specialist - Incoming Tours, for more detailed information about the venues and activities on this itinerary.