Hinkle Fieldhouse is home to the Butler Bulldogs. Built in 1928 and located on Butler University's campus, the fieldhouse is nationally recognized for being the sixth-oldest college basketball arena still in use. From 1943-45, during World War II, the fieldhouse was used to house U.S. Military barracks. Hinkle Fieldhouse was originally named the Butler Fieldhouse, but was renamed in 1966 in honor of legendary athletic director and three-sport coach Paul "Tony" Hinkle. Scenes from the classic sports movie Hoosiers, were filmed in Hinkle Fieldhouse. As recognition for its role in the transformation of college basketball, the fieldhouse was placed in the National Register of Historic Places in February of 1987.